Norton Security Deluxe is one of the antivirus software developed by Symantec Corporations for offering the protections to the users’ device of different platforms like iOS, Mac, Android, and Windows. The Norton Security Deluxe has various advanced features like excellent malware protection, robust password manager and many more, that make this to be the antivirus of next generation.
Despite of having such advanced features, the users of Norton may face some common errors or issues due to the intrusive behavior shown by its Norton Security Deluxe setup. So, with the help of this article, I am going to tell the simplest way by which the users may disable such intrusive activities of Norton Security Deluxe on their device.
Some of the intrusive activities of the Norton Security Deluxe include activities like the Norton installs its toolbar like Norton Identity Safe as extensions to the web browser, pops up notifications while downloading safer files too and also displays various offers and reports. Apart from adding Norton toolbar extension to the web browser, the Norton Security Deluxe also refines the pages to show whether the search results are secure or not.
Follow the stepwise procedure detailed below for disabling the intrusive behavior shown by the Norton Security Deluxe on the users’ device:
A. Removing the Norton Toolbar Extensions on the web browser:
On Google Chrome:
- Firstly, tap the “Customize and Control Google Settings” menu i.e. the three vertical dots icon displayed at the top-rightmost corner on the Google Chrome.
- Now, from the drop down menu, choose the “More Tools” option and then, click the “Extensions” from the sub-menu.
- A list will be displayed having all the extensions that have been added to the Google Chrome web browser.
- From this list select the Norton toolbars and tap the “trash can” icon displayed in front of them so as to remove them.
On Mozilla Firefox:
- First and foremost launch the Mozilla Firefox web browser on the device.
- After this, tap the “Menu” button and then, choose the “Add-ons” option from the drop down menu.
- Now, unmarked the checkbox in front of the Norton toolbars so as to disable them.
B. Disabling the Task Notifications, Reports and Advertisement of the Norton Security Deluxe:
- For disabling the Task Notifications, Reports and Advertisements, open the user interface of the Norton Security Deluxe on the device.
- To do so, locate the Norton icon on the taskbar i.e. the yellow circle having a checkmark icon.
- Now, tap the Norton icon by double clicking on it.
- After this, the user interface of the Norton Security Deluxe will be displayed on the screen of the device.
- Now, tap the “Settings” option on the interface and then, mark the checkbox displayed in front of “Silent Mode” option of Quick Controls.
- Thus, the notifications will be muted, but it is not permanent solution as it will automatically get disabled.
- For permanently disabling the Notifications, select the “Administrative Settings” option.
- After this, set the slider of the “30 Day Report” option to ‘Off’ (for disabling the Norton Reports).
- Also, set the slider of the “Norton Task Notification” (for disabling the background Task Notifications) and “Special Offer Notification” (for disabling the special offers displayed by Norton) options to ‘Off’.
- At last, click the “Save” button and close the settings window.
The users may call the Norton.com/setup Customer Support number for any help regarding the aforementioned methods of disabling the unwanted notifications from the Norton Security Deluxe on their device.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a strict vigil over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the precise and useful information to the users that further help them in troubleshooting or fixing the minor or major issues.